• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss/ Disturbance of Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

montana123

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? New Jersey

I work for a small business which had a $2m/yr. contract with a Fortune 100 business for the 5 years. We lost the contact and it was awarded to another company.

In general, this loss will cause our company to loose a lot of revenue, and possibly go under. In order to meet the demands of the Fortune 100 company, we expanded and added equipment, staff and 2 offices to meet their requirements. Also, the transition to the new company is going poorly and the Fortune 100 company is treating us like crap and the new company is stealing our employees.

Do we have any possibilities for a law suit here? I promised our owner that I would look into it - and told him I did not feel we had a case, but would check it out.

Thanks!!!

There is the concept of "tortious interference" whereby one company unfairly competes with and/or takes business away from another. If you can show some colusion (sp?) between the new provider and the customer to damage your contract, you may have a case. Problem is, we have the best legal system money can buy...the one with the most money to spend on lawyers usually wins these things.

I'd suggest you talk it over with a lawyer...if you can find one willing to take the case on contingency, you might win...if they want big money up front, you probably won't...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">