• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance agent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neorev

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i have two questions.. 1st.. can a convicted felon get licensed as an insurance agent.. 2nd question... my felony conviction was before i had my first and middle name changed, i had my mother run a background check on me ( she is an apartment complex manager) using my new first and middle name. nothing came up, just what was on my "new" credit. what does this mean? does it mean that since i have had my name changed that my old background wont come up. the felony conviction happened in 2002 and i had my named changed earlier this year. :confused:

Tha Truth

You cant be a licensed insurance agent in Kentucky with a felony conviction. They do a nationwide backgroud check via your fingerprints. On the app they will ask you if you have ever used another name, if you put no, that will just double eliminate you because their fingerptrints will pull up your conviction, and it will be seen that you lied on your application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">