• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Campus Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ripcurl134

Vermont

I was pulled over for speeding by campus security. When i asked to see a radar gun print out he informed me that he didnt have radar. He simply estimated how fast i was going. Was it legal to receive a ticket?

CdwJava

ripcurl134 said:
Vermont

I was pulled over for speeding by campus security. When i asked to see a radar gun print out he informed me that he didnt have radar. He simply estimated how fast i was going. Was it legal to receive a ticket?
Yes.

Visual estimation is just as valid as radar and pacing. Although it will be incumbent upon the officer to convince a court that he has the ability to estimate speed accurately.

- carl

sommejan

campus ticket

Michgan: I received a ticket, mailed to my home, for failure to stop at a stop sign on a college campus. I was not stopped or even aware of the incident when it occured. Cost is $25. Ticket issued by Campus Security. My questions are: is one required to stop at a stop sign on private property (in this case it was at a pedestrian crosswalk) if no pedestrians are present? Can a ticket be issued by U.S. mail instead of actually stopping me and informing me of the infraction?

BelizeBreeze

sommejan said:
Michgan: I received a ticket, mailed to my home, for failure to stop at a stop sign on a college campus. I was not stopped or even aware of the incident when it occured. Cost is $25. Ticket issued by Campus Security. My questions are: is one required to stop at a stop sign on private property (in this case it was at a pedestrian crosswalk) if no pedestrians are present? Can a ticket be issued by U.S. mail instead of actually stopping me and informing me of the infraction?
Do not hijack another's post. Post this to a new thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">