• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

construction defects/assessments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salsamanca

What is the name of your state?I live in Washington state. I purchased a condo four years ago in a community that has both single family homes and condos. Thought this would be a safe bet as the same quality construction would be used on both. The condo was built in 1999 and I am the second owner. There are some construction defects that have been discovered and have been independtly verified by three seperate engineers. Concrete defects, paint peeling off the doors, siding problems, and water extrusion. The HOA board/attorneys have been in arbitration and have kept us somewhat up to date. The homeowners recenetly got a letter advising us what our individual portion of the repair costs will be as the board settled with the developer for $100,000 but did not seek a vote for this important decision and have used this money to make temporary repairs. Both developer and their insurance company are not willing to pay-even though this is a fairly new building. The assessments per homeowner is >$22,000 EACH and is payable by: an all at once payment, ten payments, or a HOA loan through Regal Bank at 8%plus costs including $1,000 inspection per condo. We have until the end of the month to decide and we are all in shock. We have some retirees who are on a fixed income. Any advise would be appreciated as we have problems both with the developer and the HOA.

RAUL63

Thank you very much, and I apologize If I have done anything wrong in here and in the case, but she is my mother and I have to protect her at all cost.
God Bless you

HomeGuru

RAUL63 said:
Thank you very much, and I apologize If I have done anything wrong in here and in the case, but she is my mother and I have to protect her at all cost.
God Bless you

**A: ok, now take your meds please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">