• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which way is the best????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zaiman14

I live in Florida. I am currently out on disability. During the time I've been out I was advised to speak to an attorney concerning FMLA discrimination among other things at work. I did speak to an attorney and he advised to me to write a 'dragnet' letter to the manager of HR as well as my boss outlining facts only of the the situation. I have so much documentation via email it's incredible.

The next week after the letters were sent and recieved via certified mail I got a call from the manager in HR. He basically offered me a severence package and told me to let him know what I wanted out of it. I told him and he, of course, got back to me with what the company would approve. I should say that it took him close to a month to get back to me with the answer and even then it was not what he promised to begin with but I took the call and decided to think about the information.

Today I get a call from this HR manager asking if I had made a decision (it's been about a week since our conversation). I told him I had not made a decision and asked him if there was a time limit on the offer. He told me there was not a limit but that I should be aware that if I return I would be facing disciplinary issues based on a few things. After receiving my letter, my boss was so mad they decided to pull all my phone records as well as my emails and are now saying that I would facing disciplinary actions based on those findings. He said they just wanted to make sure I took that into consideration when making my decision... So basically he's threatening me.

It seems to me this is some sort of retaliation. Is it? It would seem to me that if they decided to do this search after they received the letter then they did it out of spite and to give themselves something to work with. In all reality, I still don't think they have much to work with. Is this something I have any standing on to push against or is letting it go and taking the severnce the best bet here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">