• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract home health agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedToKnowInFl

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have entered into a verbal contract to purchase a home care agency, I have a written contract that that been delayed because the sellers have given the run around in actually having us sign this contract. I took over this company and made it quite successful in the past 4 months. I was to take complete ownership as of Jan.1, and now they are declining to sell it.. As sole operator of this business, and maintaining the bank account as well as all the day to day activities, I am now told that the business may not become mine as previously promised.. what are the legal resources I may be entitled to?

Do you have any kind of "non-compete" agreement with the current owners or do their customer contracts have any such language? If not, your best recourse would be to quit and go start your own company. Most service companies run on the good will between manager/workers and the customers. If they're not willing to honor your verbal agreement, then if you can legitimately walk away with their clients, why pay them at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">