• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are internet contracts binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daufoi

Hello,

This might be a stupid question but are internet contracts binding? I mean clicking on a link or checking a box is equal to signing a contract?

Also, I ordered something through the internet and is not working when it arrived. The person who sold it to me won't respond to my emails. Should I go to the better business bureau? Or what do you suggest?

BelizeBreeze

This might be a stupid question but are internet contracts binding? I mean clicking on a link or checking a box is equal to signing a contract?
Yes, now Wait! NO. Oh hell, maybe.
You know what would help to give you an answer? Just what the hell you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Also, I ordered something through the internet and is not working when it arrived. The person who sold it to me won't respond to my emails. Should I go to the better business bureau? Or what do you suggest?
Stop buying things from individuals over the internet or be prepared to travel to their state (if you can even determine that) and sue them in small claims court.

daufoi

BelizeBreeze said:
Yes, now Wait! NO. Oh hell, maybe.
You know what would help to give you an answer? Just what the hell you're talking about. :rolleyes: .
We've all seen them, even when you sign up for this forum, there is a lengthy agreement form where you have to click on a box that says "I agree" and then join the community. Most software has it. Cell phone contracts have it.

BelizeBreeze said:
Stop buying things from individuals over the internet or be prepared to travel to their state (if you can even determine that) and sue them in small claims court.
This doesn't help me much with my current transaction.

daufoi

BelizeBreeze said:
So sorry, but the FA Crystal Ball has been checked out and has not been returned.
I don't know what that's supposed to mean but I've been reading other posts on this forum and noticed that nobody actually gets any help from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">