• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was on long-term

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hootie61862

What is the name of your state? New York....I was on long term disability while on it my company separated from me...I can now go back to work but they are in a hiring freeze...Can i apply for unemployment?

pattytx

You can always file; if they terminated you for lack of work once you became physically able to work again, your chances are good. In any case, it costs you nothing to file; if you don't file you won't have a chance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if they termed you because you were unable to return to work when your company approved or legally mandated medical leave was available, if you are now able to return to work and they have no work for you it is likely that you will now qualify. There's no harm in trying, in any case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">