• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being reviewed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starblueeyes200

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have been on SSDI for 3 years and received forms to sign for my doctors release. I signed them. About 2 days later I received a phone call from Social Security (by surprise) and they asked me alot of questions.
The reason I'm disabeled is because I had brain surgery and have severe memory loss. The person from Social Security asked me about my headaches. I told her I wasn't getting headaches anymore because my stress level has been so low. I'm not disabeled from headaches but because of my memory loss. I told her that I have to have stickums up everywhere and that I can only go places that i'm not real familar with because I get lost. She told me since I am no longer getting headaches I am not "disabeled". Does anyone have any advice out there for me? How can I work if I can't remember how to do what i'm supposed to do. If they stop my SSDI how long will I receive checks. Don't they have to give me some kind of notice before they stop my disability? I have direct withdraw for my bills--all I need is an over draft yet! :mad: Can I file a lawsuit again Social Security for causing me to get these bad headaches again?? Someone needs to teach them that WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!!

Last edited:

BL

I'm not sure why they would call you. Let the procedure work. SSA Will review your Dr's. Statements. They may also send you to one of there own Dr's. for an exam.
Yes they will notify you by mail of their decision. If it's not a satisfactory outcome , there are appeals you can request.
I wouldn't take too much of what a rep. from SSA said over the phone.

If they do by chance say you are able to work again, seek the consult of an SSI attorney to review your case for possible appealing their decision.

starblueeyes200

If they do decide to stop my disability, will it stop immediately, or do I have some time to try to get back on my feet. During my appeal will I still receive Social Security Disability?

BL

What happens during a review?
We will send you a letter telling you that we are conducting a review. Soon after that, someone from your local Social Security office will contact you to explain the review process and your appeal rights. The Social Security representative will ask you to provide information about your medical treatment and any work that you may have done.

A team consisting of a disability examiner and a doctor will review your file and request your medical reports. You may be asked to have a special examination. We will pay for the examination and some of your transportation costs.

When a decision is made, we will send you a letter. If we decide that you still are disabled, your benefits will continue.

If we decide you no longer are disabled and you disagree, you can file an appeal. If you decide not to appeal the decision, your benefits will stop three months after we decide that your disability ended.

For more information, ask us for the publication, Your Right To Question The Decision To Stop Your Disability Benefits (Publication No. 05-10090).

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=458&p_created=974211701&p_sid=xBofr4th&p_lva=189&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9jYXRfbHZsMT0zJnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9NCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

Frequency of reviews
How often your medical condition is reviewed depends on how severe it is and the likelihood it will improve. Your award notice tells you when you can expect your first review.

Medical improvement expected—if your condition is expected to improve within a specific time, your first review will be six to 18 months after you started getting disability benefits.
Improvement possible—if improvement in your medical condition is possible, your case will be reviewed about every three years.
Improvement not expected—if your medical condition is unlikely to improve, your case will be reviewed only about once every five to seven years.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">