• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ripped off $1500!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpratt27

What is the name of your state?Michigan

My husband and I have been selling items on ebay for a couple of years. A friend asked us to sell her computer for $1500. The computer sold and the buyer Emailed us with shipping info and paid with paypal. My husband took the computer to the post office and sent it out insured. He withdrew the money from the paypal account and paid our friend for the item. A couple of days later, we receive an email that the payment has been reversed. The buyer is claiming that someone else used his account. My husband goes to the post office to reverse shipment. They had him fill out a form. They tracked it down to an office in Chicago. They said once they got the paperwork, they would send it back. Next thing you know, it's been shipped. They claim the paperwork was not all there. I guess they had more than one form, they never gave it to him. So now we are out $1500 and a computer. So what can we do about this? Paypal is no help because the buyer is in South America. The post office says my husband didn't fill out all of the paperwork. He filled out everything they gave him then and there. I didn't know that this could happen so easily and no one will help us. He paid for the computer, how can they just reverse the payment? And if your package is insured, it doesn't count if it's going to another country? Isn't there anything we can do to protect ourselves?

racer72

Selling to out of country buyers. Sounds like you were set up. Unless you want to travel to South America, say buh bye to your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">