• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued for fraud $200k+

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

November 2000, Colorado, my corporation applied for a $200k loan from a key bank in the financial industry. Was approved. Corporation went bankrupt in 2001. During the Chapter 7 filing, said key bank sued me for fraud alleging I had misrepresented my personal net worth. Discoved only then that the loan officer "adjusted" my PFS to reflect a fictitious $500k note, significantly inflating my net worth, hence the loans were approved. Was sued for nearly a year in Federal and Civil Courts and faced the possibility of criminal charges. Reputation and marriage in shambles. Discovered other companies banking with the same branch with similar issues, and having as much physical evidence, and in some cases more. When the facts were presented in Bankruptcy Court the suit was withdrawn. My allegations, among others, and coming now well after the fact, are that (a) the bank committed fraud and forgery, they attempted to make me settle (b) insurance fraud, to collect on insurance. For the past three years my home and office have been broken into on a repeated basis which in some cases has resulted in the missing of pertinent documentation, files and trash. I am new to this site and am unclear as to what depth the support lines go, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced anything similar and might have some key tips. I have spoken with many law firms. I know I have a case, but this is a big bank and I want to do this right. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">