• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI reduced to Wreckless driving... HELP?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

serenite67

What is the name of your state?Virignia

I recently got pulled over for taking a left turn with a no left turn sign. When the cop pulled me over I blew a .05 BAC and was 20 years old at the time. I was very cooperative so the cop decided to give me a reckless driving ticket. The cop explained to me that I was going to explain to the judge why my bac was .05, but on the ticket the only thing it says is reckless driving and nothing else. If someone could give me some advice on what i should do or say when i go to court.

serenite67

I guess i should mention why i had a bac of .05. I told the officer that i had two glasses of wine before dinner. Since my family is european, although this is not an excuse, we usually ahve wine during dinner. I was fully capable of driving my car to go pick my friend up and had nothign to do with me not seeing the no left turn sign on the street. The sign was on a very narrow street and it was dark outside me and my friend both did not see the sign and she even instructed me to take the left. That was wheni got pulled over. I know that i am going to have to pay the consequences but I wanted to know if there was hope for me in getting the ticket reduced. Any advice would that could be given would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">