• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket payment overdue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skuba

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,
It's the second parking ticket that I let go over due date and has to pay it double.
One of the main reasons is because I don't get the reminder on the mail. I have tried to change my address with the DMV several times online and by fax. They never changed it. So, I just don't get any of their mail.

I am now 4 days overdue. Can I use the address problem as an excuse to pay just the original cost $36?

What if I just write a check for $36 and put it on the mail? Any chance they would take it?

What else could I do?

Thanks

CdwJava

skuba said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi,
It's the second parking ticket that I let go over due date and has to pay it double.
One of the main reasons is because I don't get the reminder on the mail. I have tried to change my address with the DMV several times online and by fax. They never changed it. So, I just don't get any of their mail.

I am now 4 days overdue. Can I use the address problem as an excuse to pay just the original cost $36?

What if I just write a check for $36 and put it on the mail? Any chance they would take it?

What else could I do?

Thanks
Call the agency that issued the parking citation and ask them. Chances are you are going to have to pay the double amount.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

skuba said:
Can I use the address problem as an excuse to pay just the original cost $36?
No. Paying the ticket is your best option.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You need a "reminder"?

The due date is written in black and white on the ticket!

Reread the original ticket. That'll "remind" you.

And, of course, that's what the police agency will tell you, too. Reminders are a courtesy - - not a way for you to "get off the hook" if they don't come in the mail.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">