• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding, but there is no speed limit sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yutingwang

What is the name of your state? VA

Hi, I was stopped for speeding. The officer said I was driving at 53 on a 35 mph zone. But from where I turned on to the street until I was stopped(about 200 yards) there is no speed limit sign, not even one within sight. Besides, I was accelerating and maybe for a second I reached 53 mph, but I slowed down immediately. The whole process lasted no more than 3-5 seconds. Is it possible that I can win this case against the police? Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

racer72

Your state laws specify a speed limit of 25, 35, or 50 mph, depending on the type and location of the road, if no speed limit signs are installed. Failure to know your state motor vehicle laws is not a valid defense. If you want to fight the ticket, hire a lawyer. I suggest paying the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">