• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Impersonating Law Enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

American_Cliche

I live in California. Me and a number of my friends have received telephone from a person who says he is a Detective for a Sheriff Department wanting information of a friend. We looked up his number from our Caller ID and found that this call was coming from a Law Firm in LA California. When we spoke with the lawyer, he denied calling us but it was his number and his voice. I know that it is against the law to impersonate any law enforcement agent. Dose this law apply to Lawyers? If not, who do we report him to and what could happen to this lawyer?

lillytoo

report him

even if it is to the BBB...it will be on file...of course it is illegal to represet himself this way, whether you can prove it or not is another question

stephenk

report him to the California State Bar. They have two offices - San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Is the friend the attorney asking about someone who had you down as references for loans?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">