• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2501 alsway

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was clocked at 82 in a 55 zone and am guilty of the offense. My question is if I can plead nolo contendere and and will it help the ticket not show on my record.

MemphisQueen

FOrgive my ignorance as I'm sure this has been discussed time and time again on here (although this particular question I haven't seen).

So since pleading NoLo keeps the points off your license (and therefore off your insurance), is tehre any benefit to pleading the fist time offense? I'm 26, going 82 in a 55 in Georgia and this is my first speeding ticket ever. Should I emphasize that this is my first? Would this get me a "no points assigned" outcome? OR should I go for the "nolo defense"?

Thanks....oh and my court date is tomorrow - april 13th...nothing like waiting until the last minute! although I did read all the state codes assigned. if I can get the mph reduced to under 25 the maximum fine difference is huge! ($500 vs $150)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">