• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Insurance after employee got fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m1977

What is the name of your state?
FLORIDA
and find out that his wife Pregnent.my question is if there is any law that protect me all the way to the end of the pregnency or they can just cancel the policy?and if they do if there is any law that other insurance company will cover me even they know that i am pregnent.(with payment but the question is if they can charge a lot more becouse that fact that i am pregnent?) :confused:

Beth3

is any law that protect me all the way to the end of the pregnency or they can just cancel the policy? If you're asking whether your spouse's employer's medical plan has to pay for the pregnancy and delivery after he is terminated because you got pregnant while he had the insurance, the answer is no. Yes, they can cancel the policy. If the employer is large enough AND your husband was not fired for gross misconduct, they have to offer you continuation of his present health insurance plan under federal COBRA regulations however you will have to pay the full premium each month.

and if they do if there is any law that other insurance company will cover me even they know that i am pregnent.(with payment but the question is if they can charge a lot more becouse that fact that i am pregnent?) What other insurance company? Do you mean if your husband gets a new job that offers insurance benefits? Yes, they will have to cover your pregnancy (at least from the date the new insurance coverage starts.) No, they cannot charge more because you're pregnant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">