• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for being engaged??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

powerslave736

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My fiance and I are employed at the same business. A new policy is being implemented that states that if your married to another worker, one will have to quit/get fired. Our problem is that we will be getting married in a year and a half. Therefore we will not be grandfathered in and this job pays very well. Any avenues for me to explore? Thanks.

You Are Guilty

powerslave736 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My fiance and I are employed at the same business. A new policy is being implemented that states that if your married to another worker, one will have to quit/get fired. Our problem is that we will be getting married in a year and a half. Therefore we will not be grandfathered in and this job pays very well. Any avenues for me to explore? Thanks.
The avenue that leads to an employment agency would be a good start. (Or you could always just live in sin in perpetuity).

jstreet

If you have time before the policy starts you could always elope and then go ahead with your real wedding as planned later. Are there other married couples there? Could you speak with a supervisor and explain your delima?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">