• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Notice Lost in mail.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nashua04

What is the name of your state?
Massachussets

I recieved a speeding ticket for $100 in MA in 05/04, this is my first time and I decided to contest. I sent in the ticket after filling out the required fields as per the instructions and I did not recieve anything until today. Today I got a mail from a collection agency (LDC Collections) saying that I need to pay the Mass RMV $306 for violations. It says "..Notice of your right to hearing was provided previously..Therefore a late hearing cannot be provided". I very rarely lose mails, I am very confidant that I did not receieve any mails from the RMV or the court any time during this period.

The citation date on the collection notice I got is WRONG. It is my thinking that the address these guys posted could have been wrong as well.

At this what options do I have other than paying the ticket. Does'nt these court apperaence mails need to be sent by registered post ?
I am really pissed and I want to fight this. I would highly appreciate if any kind soul would guide me to appropriate information or give me some advice on my options.

regards

S

seniorjudge

It's really up to you and no one else to keep up with your case, so do that from now on.

What you can do know is call the court and ask for appearance date. Ask the judge if you can withdraw the conviction (but if you never plead guilty, I am unclear on how a conviction got on your record) and have a trial.

I must warn you that there is only one defense to speeding: that you were not speeding. If you cannot prove that defense, then I would just pay the ticket.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">