• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nana with temporary custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ariesnana

What is the name of your state?Florida. This is a jurisdictional nightmare. Grandson is 3 1/2. He was born in Az but lived there only the first 5 months then all moved to Ca to live with me and my husband. Son in law left after 8 months to move back to Az. Never supported wife or son. Daughter took him back to Az to try to mend marriage. After 4 months she decided to take son back to Ca and husband hid him from her. She was granted sole custody in Ca and went back to Az where husband was drunk and handed son back to her while we served him the papers. Grandson then lived with me and my husband while daughter went downhill..bipolar, drugs etc..Father also did drugs and alcohol. After 18 months (father visited maybe twice) we moved to Fl. Once again, daughter took son back to Az..again, husband and family took son and kicked daughter out into the streets. Police wouldn't help with out of state custody. son in law moved so she didn't have address to serve him legal docs. He also lived with girlfriend whom he now has another baby with. They never got legally divorced. After 5 months, my daughter planned to meet the girlfriend with her son and when she did she took him and got on a plane to her sis in NC. I then picked up grandson and took him back to Fl to live with me again. He wasn't same child..was taught by dad to curse, hit, be mean to other kids, hated being bathed where before he was with dad he was happy child.

Sorry this is so long but it is very complicated. My grandson has now lived with me in Fl for 11 months and daughter signed over temp custody so we could get health ins and take him to school while she attempts to get on her feet financially. Off drugs but still has a DUI from Ca so no license. Couldn't find dad's address since he got evicted from his previous apt. He finally pops his head out from under his rock and goes to Az court to get custody. Az judge awards him temp custody and tells him to come and pick up child. I have atty in Fl and just got one to file motion to dismiss in Az. Dad shows up on daughters door steps today demanding to take child. Calls cops and cops tell him he has to go to court in Fl and file. Judges have jurisdicitional hearing set in Jan to determine jurisdiction.

My question is if he files in court in Fl in the meantime, will cops come to my door anyway? We filed an injunction but the Fl Judge won't sign until next hearing. Also filed motions in Az but again, they are both waiting to talk via phone. OY!!! What are my chances of winning over a biological parent? Could I do a joint custody with daughter? She has been job hopping and can't support herself let alone her son right now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In all honesty, this is way too complicated for people on an internet board to be dealign with. I'd urge you to speak with your attorney and to do what s/he tells you to do. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">