• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online contest prizes not awarded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigredhokie

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I participated in an free online contest with a company in Massachusetts that awards monthly and weekly prizes. A few months ago, the prizes were incorrectly awarded due to a calculation error by the administrator. The prizes consisted of electronically emailed gift certificates, as well as physical prizes shipped to the wrong people. This was immediately pointed out to the administrator. Months have gone by, and myself and others have asked about whether there was going to be a correction. The administrator would state that he was looking into the problem. Finally, today he says that his decision is final. We have attempted to show him where the mistake has occurred. He refuses to reconsider the matter. The prizes I lost were worth probably about $300-400. Is there anything I can do?

bigredhokie

Yes, stop believing stuff you read on the internet (including this).

The contest was legitimate. I have received prizes in the past. This was not a scam, but rather just lazyness/incompetence by the administrator.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">