• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in CT....HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SEANNYD

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY

:mad:

I commute from NY to CT everyday for work. I got stopped for doing 75 in a 65. When the "officer" returned with the ticket I had my head down. He said "You were speeding and you got cought. Be a man and take it to court." Aside from innappropriate, is there anything in that statement that could help me when i go into battle in the court? Any advice?

:confused:

S

seniorjudge

SEANNYD said:
"You were speeding and you got cought. Be a man and take it to court." Aside from innappropriate, is there anything in that statement that could help me when i go into battle in the court?

Enlighten me: What does the officer's statement have to do with the question of whether you were speeding or not?

There is only one defense to speeding: That you were not speeding.

(I just had to pay a speeding ticket myself...no symp from this corner!)

SEANNYD

Any ideas on how to beat this? Like good court defenses for getting a ticket on a road where everyone does over 70 anyhow? I can see that you are most likely someone who pays a ticket.. but I do not feel that I was guilty.

S

seniorjudge

SEANNYD said:
Any ideas on how to beat this? Like good court defenses for getting a ticket on a road where everyone does over 70 anyhow? I can see that you are most likely someone who pays a ticket.. but I do not feel that I was guilty.
Please read my prior post on the sole and only and single and unique defense to speeding. How you "feel" is totally immaterial.

SEANNYD

OK, look.... if you are here for entertainment then please stop responding to my post. Thanks for the attention but I would rather not have it from you. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">