• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pascagoulamommy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? mississippi

i am a mother of a 2 year old child. her father is in the military he is due to retire in about 1 or 2 years. i was married to someone else at the time i got pregnant with my child with the soldier. the soldier has another child that is older than my child that was concieved by someone else at the time he was married to another person. he pays child support for both children but he is trying to take my child. but because i decide that i wanted my child support court ordered he was custody of my child. can he do that? and will it be benificial for me to inform the military of his adultry?

a mother that is willing to fight

nextwife

So WHO is the LEGAL father of this child? A child born of a marriage is considered legally that of the husband, unless paternity is disestablished.

If you establish a man as the legal father, he has the SAME rights to pursue custody/shared custody/visitation that you do. You do not get to decide that you ONLY want him to financially be the father - but have no other paternal role! If he files for visitation, once paternity is established, he will likely get joint legal custody and a visitation schedule to start with. Be prepared for the child then spending most school breakes and chunks of summer with their dad.

CS and custody will be civil matters.

rmet4nzkx

pascagoulamommy said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? mississippi

i am a mother of a 2 year old child. her father is in the military he is due to retire in about 1 or 2 years. i was married to someone else at the time i got pregnant with my child with the soldier. the soldier has another child that is older than my child that was concieved by someone else at the time he was married to another person. he pays child support for both children but he is trying to take my child. but because i decide that i wanted my child support court ordered he was custody of my child. can he do that? and will it be benificial for me to inform the military of his adultry?

a mother that is willing to fight
Inform the military of adultry? Don't you think they might figure that out with him paying child support to two different women he is not married to?
What purpose will that serve?
It's not like you were with fault also?
If you were to get him in trouble with the military for adultry, and he was court marshalled, and lost his pay and retirement, how would that help your child?

pascagoulamommy

why do you think i dont want my child to see her father? i want her to see, feel, and touch her father at any giving moment she can. what i dont want is him to take my child as he swore he would.

the best person for the child will most likley get coustody- but you were married and cheated on your husband and got pregnanent- but thats ok nothing wrong with that- why try to get someone in trouble for something that you do your self-- i think its women like you that make the military hell- why dont you join the army- and take over where he left off if you want to ruin his career--plus if you do that im sure he will have a pay forfeiture and that will cut into your child support.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pascagoulamommy

[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]the facts of the matter is, he cheated on his wife and that relationship ended with a child he did not want. unknown to me about this issue we got together and had a child also while i was married to someone else but separated. now he is trying to take my child away from me. .....while in fact he is as guilty of the same thing. so please dont get it twisted.

nextwife

You BOTH had sex while one or both were bound by a marriage vow. The child IS the child of you BOTH. It is NOT their fault the both of you went and decided to create a child in a situation in which that child would never get to live with both their parents together. The child has the right to spend time with both of their parents one on one in their respective homes. NOT just with you, or with you hovering over dad. File for a custody/visitation arrangement and get a court order squared away already.

However, if you were married, at this time, isn't the child's LEGAL father your husband? Until paternity is disestablished, I believe he IS the father.

pascagoulamommy

i wish he did want to spend time with his child

please...........i have moved on with my life. i have been trying to get him to spend time with his child instead of trying to spend time with me. :p :p :p :p :p and one for the road :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">