• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Secret Security Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fagin

What is the name of your state?MA

Here is the deal. I have two job offers right now. I really want one of them, but I need a secret clearance.

In 92 I was arrested for possesion of stolen goods over 250 (felony in MA) for a high school prank. That was dismissed. It wouldn't bother me, but in 97 I was arrested for a DUI in Rhode Island. That was also dismissed, but I was guilty of not taking a chemical test.

If I commit to waiting for my security clearance for job 1, I will lose job 2. Should I just bag my "dream job" and take job 2, or do I still have a shot. (No other history of alcohol or drugs)

badapple40

Fagin said:
What is the name of your state?MA

Here is the deal. I have two job offers right now. I really want one of them, but I need a secret clearance.

In 92 I was arrested for possesion of stolen goods over 250 (felony in MA) for a high school prank. That was dismissed. It wouldn't bother me, but in 97 I was arrested for a DUI in Rhode Island. That was also dismissed, but I was guilty of not taking a chemical test.

If I commit to waiting for my security clearance for job 1, I will lose job 2. Should I just bag my "dream job" and take job 2, or do I still have a shot. (No other history of alcohol or drugs)
Did you steal the goods? Were you over the limit? They'll probably administer a polygraph, at least they did for every security clearance procedure that I recall.

quicksilver46

In my current position I work this issue all the time for contractors working for the US Army.

If a candidate has had no previous clearance and a spotless record forever, 6 months minimum. We had one guy who smoked marijuana 10 years ago and it took over a year to get the clearance.

Also, the Army does not require polygraph for Secret clearances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">