• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sign COMPLETELY Covered In Snow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IrishDesi

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was driving at 2am in a snow storm Illinois. I am from Ohio. I was pulled over and had no idea why. Apparently, the intersection I had just been at had a "No Turn On Red" sign. All the signs in the area were completely covered in snow and were not distinguishable. I politely asked the officer if he could read the sign and he would not answer my question. I already contested the violation and have a court date. The ordinance I looked up says the law is in effect if a sign is propery posted. If it's unreadable can it be considered properly posted? I have a picture of a sign covered in snow, and the weather report from that day. What else should I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Problems You'll Experience When Driving In Snow:

NUMBER 10: Heavy snow makes it slightly harder to get arson fires started.

NUMBER 9: City workers clear snow off signs with scalding hot cups of McDonald's coffee.

NUMBER 8: During snowy weather, Ku Klux Klan members have trouble lighting up their crosses.

NUMBER 7: You attempt to explain to the officer that the girl sitting next to you is just a lifesize inflatable Snow White.

NUMBER 6: While you're disputing it with the cop, the cop writes "Happy Holidays" on the snow-covered sign.

NUMBER 5: We don't have these problems in Los Angeles. We see all the signs on a balmy, 84 degree, day!

NUMBER 4: With this ticket, and your license getting suspended, you'll be "walking in a Winter Wonderland"!

NUMBER 3: You might have gotten off with a warning if you had said to the cop: "You know, today I am feeling unseasonably sexy."

NUMBER 2: Well, officer, that's my zipper and inside is "Frothy the Runny-Nosed Snow Monkey."

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Problem You'll Experience When Driving In Snow:

California traffic cops wear nothing but a holster!

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

I was thinking of responding to this guy, but since there are obviously no "City" workers, or "Snow" removal equiptment this time of year..........??????????????????????????????????????????? :rolleyes:

ksigatmsu7f02

Dave Letterman might like that top ten list...lol...good one...but i think in this case you prolly arent gonna get much with your argument...best bet would be to go early the day of the arraignment and speak with the DA or ADA and explain it all and basically be prepared to pay a fine but not get off scott free....they only care about the money so if you say youll pay a reduced fine if its a non-moving they will prolly go far it just to not have to waste time going to a trial with it.....but it kind of reminds me of one locally where a stop sign was covered by trees....ive actually heard afew stories like it....basically what happened here was the city didnt cut the trees back like they should have...caused a wreck....and the guy still was found at fault for the accident and for the ticket found guilty....the news went off with it like it was an outrage.....and it was on a small side street coming into a major street....guy must have been an idiot if he didnt think there would be a stop sign....but yea i would say try what i said....if that doesnt work....fight it and hope for some luck...good luck

Shay-Pari'e

ksigatmsu7f02 said:
Dave Letterman might like that top ten list...lol...good one...but i think in this case you prolly arent gonna get much with your argument...best bet would be to go early the day of the arraignment and speak with the DA or ADA and explain it all and basically be prepared to pay a fine but not get off scott free....they only care about the money so if you say youll pay a reduced fine if its a non-moving they will prolly go far it just to not have to waste time going to a trial with it.....but it kind of reminds me of one locally where a stop sign was covered by trees....ive actually heard afew stories like it....basically what happened here was the city didnt cut the trees back like they should have...caused a wreck....and the guy still was found at fault for the accident and for the ticket found guilty....the news went off with it like it was an outrage.....and it was on a small side street coming into a major street....guy must have been an idiot if he didnt think there would be a stop sign....but yea i would say try what i said....if that doesnt work....fight it and hope for some luck...good luck
What is a "PROLLY?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">