• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sad Grandaughter!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LDMann

What is the name of your state? Ohio! My question is who can we contact when my daughters ex refuses visitation and my grandaughter is the one that suffers? It's the week before Christmas and he told my daughter that she could not she "HIS" daughter until he approves of were she is living and she gets a place of her own. She is currently living with her new in-laws and that has been the problem all along. He does not like her new spouse.
He believes he can control her life by using their daughter as a hostage, the courts will not listen to me or my spouse, and they will not listen to my daughter without her first paying and filing contempt charges. What can we do? Who do we turn to?

rmet4nzkx

You have no standing with the court, that is why the court won't listen to you. Depending on what the custody and visitation orders currently state, your daughter's ex may or may not be in contempt. If he is in violation she may file contempt charges if they cannot come to an agreement sooner, that will take months and will cost money, although he may be ordered to pay legal fees if she prevails. What can you do? Give her the money to file contempt(modification if change in circumstances) and/or an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">