• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitation on fraternization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ghz2004

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I was pursued by a female officer who was a commanding officer of a sister unit. At the time I was an enlisted member. She was pretty relentless in her pursuit, eventually one thing led to another and we had several sexual encounters. Two months after our "relations" started she was transferred to a different post, 4 days after she left she called and said she was pregnant. I was about to re-enlist for an additional 6 years at the time, due to the circumstances I was forced to ETS because she wanted to save her career. The child was born while I was still in. Once I was out, she still refused to put me as the father on the birth certificate, even though I have been paying her child support. I had obtained employment overseas, and was forced to return and resign that position because of her as well. I decided to go back in the military, and we are pending a DNA test so she will be forced to list me as the father of the child.
What can happen to me, and to her with my returning to the military? And, if the child turns out not to be mine can I sue her for the accrued expenses I have incurred because of her telling me the child was mine? At the time I ETS I had 13 years in the Army. Also, when I returned from overseas she refused to let me see the child and took out a protective order against me saying that I abused her and the child, which when we went to court got thrown out because she lied and I had saved e-mails and letters she sent stating otherwise.

badapple40

The SOL on Frat is 5 years.

Since you are currently out of the service, they can't get you. See Articles 2 and 3, UCMJ.

When you re-enlist and enter the service, they can then go after you for any offence, including frat, during prior periods of service. Article 3(a).

Of course, if the five years have past, then no worries. If not... I'd think about rejoining.

ghz2004

What about her? Can they take action against her as well, being that she was a higher rank? This would not be good for my daughter if they could. If so, what is the worst possible outlook for us both?

badapple40

ghz2004 said:
What about her? Can they take action against her as well, being that she was a higher rank? This would not be good for my daughter if they could. If so, what is the worst possible outlook for us both?

"They" can take action against her, so long as it is within the five year statute of limitation.

Jim Null

She will be held more accountable since she holds a commisioned rank! As for articles 1,2, and 3...I'll have to read them when I get off here. Didn't ring a bell. You violate an article, they can come after you even if you have been discharged, if in fact it happened while serving in the Armed Forces. However with all the civilian courts involved and spotlight you two have shared on the matter of FRAT....It doesn't like the Army cares!!! One would think they would have already charged you two if they wanted. The evidience is there in the court records. Good Luck to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">