• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in NYS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debraduncanh

:mad: We live in NYS. My husband was driving on 684 which is a 65 MPH speed zone. He was in the left lane going about 73 mph. The trooper drove to the middle and my husband slowed down thinking he was going to shoot out in front of him and then moved over to the middle lane. The trooper then pulled him over saying he was going 87. MY HUSBAND NEVER GOES THAT FAST, EVER. He is going to plead not guilty. How is the best way to go about dealing with this? :confused: Please help! Thank you.

cjoeb

Attack the Radar!!

we live in a world of followers. if a cop says we were speeding, then it must be true. well, not me. this is the US and we are innocent til proven guilty. if you want to assert your rights, then make the state prove you were speeding.
the best thing i have found is a website called www.ticketkiller.com
it has an abundance of info on how to defend yourself against a radar speeding ticket. if anything else, it is very interesting on how a radar unit must be used, maintained and calibrated in order for the court to recognize the accuracy of the reading (judicial notice).
the only defense is attacking the validity of the radar reading and this site may help you, as it has done for me once...soon to be twice.

joe

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">