• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registration and insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drewp

What is the name of your state? NY

I recently got a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle. THe issue is that at the time my car was registered but i misplaced the document. I have been trying to obtain a copy of the old registration (which expired soon after) and have been having trouble getting it from the DMV. Unfortunately the deadline is coming up soon and i have no time to go to the DMV, to make sure i get a copy. IF i just plead guilty and pay the ticket, can this in anyway effect my insurance?

nusias9

Must have been the same NYPD that got me!!!! :)

I had the same exact situation and my insurance company said it would not affect my rates. You are covered, was not a moving violation, and was not an accident. However, it will depend on your policy.

Cost for such nonsense is $90.

Providing reg and insurance: I provided a copy of my insurance policy (not the card) as a new card would take to long and a copy of the cashed check for registration renewal. I do not know if this will work, but if they take my money its a done deal!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">