• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIANCE VISA VIOLATOR??

• Thread starter Glen and Jodi Yandeau
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Glen and Jodi Yandeau

I met a man from Canada on the computer. He came to Oklahoma,where I live, to visit me and he ended up staying and we got married. We went thru all of the info channels we could and we were advised to go ahead and get married. He has no green card or visa and we had no fiance visa when we were married in Arkansas. He has only a ITIN number,which he obtained from the IRS because he payed his taxes and we filed a tax return using his Canadian social sec. #, so the IRS issued him an ITIN #. I need to know if our marriage is legal , since we did not get a fiance visa. He came to the Oklahoma the end of Feb,1998. And we were married Aug 10,1998 at the Fort Smith,
Arkansas court house. He has worked ever since he got here, nobody ever asked for a green card and we were under the impression that because he was from Canada,being part of North America that he could work. Thankyou, Jodi and Glen Yandeau, Okmulgee,Oklahoma.

M

Melissa M

You are legally married (assuming neither of you had been married and not divorced, and there was a license and a valid ceremony.

The issue of immigration status is different. Is he eligible for admission? Not a felon? You can adjust his status. But read a bok or get a professional to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">