• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apc045

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I received a speeding ticket in 1999 in montgomery county, MD and i never paid the fine, though i would wait the 7 years for it to go out of the system since i am a resident of DC. However DC is saying i need 2 go pay the ticket to get my new liscense or register a new car ect. Is the statute of limitations 7 years in md? and would this ticket purge its self from both DC and MD computer systems after 7 years to the date? I would break down and pay the ticket only if they wouldn't access the points since points only carry themselves for three years and from 1999 to 2005 is more than three years. do yo you all think my options are? what would you do in my position?

S

seniorjudge

Pay the ticket. This is not a statute of limitations question since the charge has already been filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">