• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outside employment, Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbegley

What is the name of your state? Utah
My employer has put me on administrative leave and I feel is in the process of terminating me. They have already taken my company car and computer, while they "finish their investigation". They said they had a complaint of me working at an outside employer for 30 hours per week. I did have outside employment, however, I have sent copies of my pay stubs which proves only 7 hours per week, mostly on Saturdays.
Our company policy states that I can have outside employment, however if it interfers with my regular job performance, I may be asked to quit my outside job. I have already resigned from my other job, however they say "it's too late now!"
I have been with this company for 20 plus years, and was ahead of plan with my duties. I'm not an hourly employee, and sometimes need to travel two to seven days per week, out of town overnight obviously. I have not been told by anyone that my performance is low or needs to improve. Can they terminate me on these grounds? Do I have grounds for recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can, and no, you don't. This is not a wrongful (illegal) termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">