• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera Got Time Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottjohnson

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON/OREGON
IN OCTOBER I WAS DRIVING DOWN TO CALI FROM WASHINGTON. I DECIDED TO FLY INSTEAD SO I WAS DRIVING THROUGH PORTLAND,OR TO THE AIRPORT. I WENT THROUGH A RED LIGHT AND THERE WAS A FLASH. I KNEW WHAT IT WAS AND THE CAMERA ACTUALLY GOT THE "DOH" LOK ON MY FACE. WELL WHEN I RECEIVED MY TICKET IN THE MAIL, IT STATED THE TIME AS 3:12pm . MY FLIGHT LEFT @ 3:05 AND I WAS AT THE AIRPORT BY 1:50pm . SO MY QUESTION IS CAN I SEND A COPY OF MY FLIGHT INFO AND HOPE ON THE TECHNICALITY BECAUSE TECHNICALLY I COULDN'T HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN THERE? IS THAT ENOUGH FOR THEM TO DROP THE TICKET???? (I HAVE TILL 12/27 TO RESPOND!!!!!)

S

seniorjudge

I suspect that a camera's time is not an element of the offense in your state.

Who's Liable?

Try it... Im actually intrigued by this and would like to know what the outcome is if you challenge it... take your plane ticket stub, and see what happens...

S

seniorjudge

A plane ticket stub is not proof that you rode on a plane, it is proof that you bought a plane ticket.

A long time ago, my friend, charged with speeding, challenged the ticket in court.

His argument was novel. He readily admitted to "flying" down the road and was speeding his little car wildly...in the city limits NEXT TO the city officer of the neighboring city who issued the citation. In other words, the cops radar gun "shot past" his jurisdiction and had clocked my friend in another jurisdiction.

It worked. Judge was fascinated by the theory. It simply made too much sense.

The moral here, try something new....getting past that (deer in the headlights) face of yours on the picture will be a tough one to overcome, but hey...everyone has a lookalike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">