• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted of Drunk Driving while on Business VISA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vg1199

I am here in USA on business VISA(B1), I was convicted in a drunk driving in NY few days back. I paid all the fines and settled it down. As my job requires lot of intenational travel and I may need to come in USA very soon for a short stay (2-3 weeks). My question is -

1. Should I report this convicton while applying the new Business VISA at US consulate(next time)?

2. Will There be any problem in getting VISA after this convction?

S

SJLin

One drunk driving conviction by itself normally would not cause any major problems in obtaining a visa. However, under the current law, people with multiple drunk driving convictions are considered aggravated felons and therefore may be deportable.

A local immigration attorney can help you decide what to report when you apply for a new business visa, as well as address your other visa concerns. You can find one at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">