• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seconds opinion for a business visitor overstayed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kereagan

I came to USA on a B-1 visa with multiply entry but I overstayed my 1-94 card because I had an accident when I was 7 months pregnant in 1998.

So I gave birth to a son in Pennslyvania, and right now my case is:

a) I have overstayed in USA for more than a year. I was only allowed to stay a period of 3 months.

My questions are:

a) What can I do to prevent the cancellation of my visa which expires in year 2007?

b) If I get a job offer here, as a Mechanical Engineer ( I obtained my Bachelor of Science in M.E from Albania in year 1994 with 4 years work experiences in Istanbul, Turkey ) being an overstayer can I apply for H-1B visa while I am at Pennsylvannia or should I return back to Istanbul, Turkey to apply for it.

c) How long the process will take for me to receive the H-1B visa in this situation?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

W

Wilson

I'd like to help but this is too complex for me. Sorry.. ANy reason why you don't ask an immigration lawyer in person?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">