• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Work Environment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harmoni

What is the name of your state? California

I recently joined a sales team of a California company. I am afraid that my boss is going to fire me, because, he has been feeling threaten after a coworker confide in me, how he sexually harassed her. He suspects that I know their little secret. Every time she threatens him with quitting because she feels unsafe in the office; he asks her who she has been talking to make that decision. He usually asks her out loud so all of us in the office hear it. It is his way of intimidating everyone in the office who talks to this woman.

The office environment is very negative. As several of my coworkers share in our frustration, we have find out that she had confided with four members of our company, including me. Several other people have been suspicious of sexual encounter between my coworker and my boss for the last two months, when he reported to the office from my coworker’s apartment. There have been rumors about this incident ever since. All of us in the office can see the favoritism. He gives her preferential treatment, feeds her with new deals, and spends a lot of one on one time with her. I personally feel very disgusted by both them. I do not appreciate having to walk on egg shells around them. His intimidation tactics and having to keep their dirty little secret is affecting morale. This whole situation is very taxing and creates a great deal of anxiety, which is affecting my ability to perform.

Have anyone been in the situation where the Hostile working environment is being experience by the person being harassed and the rest of the office as well?

What can I do in a situation like this... Ask Human Resources for an Investigation? … Just take the time to find another Job and leave?

Beth3

I'm confused. First you say the boss sexually harassed this co-worker and then you basically say the two of them have been having an on-going affair in which she presumably is a willing participant. Which is it? It makes a big difference in answering your question. Please post back and clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">