• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can an overstayer prevent the visa cancellation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

egla

I came to U.S. on a B-1 visa and overstayed my i-94 for more then a year. The reason was an accident I had when I was pregnant. Actually I got a multiple-entry visa which expires in 2007. Now, can I prevent the cancellation by paying a penalty or something. Can I apply for adjustment of status since I had a good reason to overstay. I gave birth here so my son is a U.S.citizen. Can this fact help? Pls advice. Thank you in advance.

S

Simon

Becareful! the I-94 is what determines how long you can stay. The VISA date does not mean anything! I'd be very careful as the INS may be able to deport you. There is no penalty to pay. How old is your son? Is he old enough to apply to help you immigrat to the US?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">