• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tools that the Police use for catching speeding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enthesis

What is the name of your state? Indiana, Good day to all of you. What are the tools that the Police used to catch for speeding violation? The reason I asked because I just got a speeding ticket in I-70 around Terre Haute 65mph to 80-90mph. It was Sunday around 8pm and I know that I was driving fast as I was confident that my radar/laser detector will notify me as it is in good working condition. Before I got pulled over by the Police, I noticed a car following my tail closely. I thought that it was just another traveler but it was the Police and gave me 80mph instead of around 90. I heard no alarm from my detector. Second question, the officer told me that I have 2pts on my record plus another 2 for the new one, so he suggested me to call the office about defferal. Do I qualify for deferral since I had a previous ticket last 03/04? Any suggestions what to do? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

It's called pacing, no radar involved. Sounds like you got a nice break from the officer. Note that if you fight it, he can revise the ticket.

Call your local DA's office as suggested to see if you qualify for deferral.

Who's Liable?

Tell you what, use the tool you were born with, to drive at the required speed limit and you wouldn't need a radar detector, or have to ask this question...

Do you know what tool that is yet? If you do, then you're using it, if not, keep trying!!!

Who's Liable? said:
use the tool you were born with, to drive at the required speed limit and you wouldn't need a radar detector
that is a good idea...if u're a sucker :rolleyes: . i used a radar/laser detector for years and it never let me down. all u need to do is learn what crown victoria headlights look like (it's not too hard, they're pretty distinctive). if u see them in ur rearview, slow down. radar doesn't work on cars travelling in the same direction as the cops, so the only way they can accurately gauge ur speed is to get behind u and match ur speed.

Who's Liable?

The Frugie said:
that is a good idea...if u're a sucker :rolleyes: . i used a radar/laser detector for years and it never let me down. all u need to do is learn what crown victoria headlights look like (it's not too hard, they're pretty distinctive). if u see them in ur rearview, slow down. radar doesn't work on cars travelling in the same direction as the cops, so the only way they can accurately gauge ur speed is to get behind u and match ur speed.

oh.. I own a Crown. Vic., as well as a Marquis... You're obviosuly not to smart as your "great" plan to not get caught speeding didn't work... I like your gumption though... keep at it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">