• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I take full blame... what now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joyeann

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I signed up for the Army Reserves in 1996, finished Basic Training in 1997. When it came time to goto drill ( 5 months later due to transfer from 1 state to another ) I never went.

My Conscience has caught up. I would like to know what I can do to fix this. I am personally to blame. If it means going to jail, then so be it. I wanted to know if it is possible to go through training again and fulfill my obligation of 8 years? If not, how do I turn myself in, goto the local Military Depot?

If you have any answers i would greatly appreciate them.

Thank you.

badapple40

Did you have orders to go? Did you receive those orders? Do they have proof you received those orders?

I'd recommend contacting a lawyer specializing in military law. While a lot of attorneys claim to do so, in reality they have no clue what they are doing. You want someone with experience.

joyeann

:( I think I will end up in Jail

The only orders i had was the packet from basic training that I was supposed to take to the Unit ( I still have the packet) I was supposed to be a MUSARC transfer. They told me I was supposed to go into an Infantry Unit while in basic training but when I got out they sent me to a Mechanical Unit.

My other question, is if there are looking for me etc, would I be allowed to leave the country? I am in the Philippines (2nd time in a year) right now and had no problems getting a passport etc. I will be coming back in February.

badapple40

If you didn't have specific orders, to be at a specific place at a specific time, I'd say not to worry about it -- they'll eventually find you, but you need criminal intent to desert/go AWOL, and I'd think a defense of "well, I was waiting for you people to contact me" will probably work. You may want to call them, and play stupid, and be like "where are my orders, its been an awful long time"

joyeann

:(

Thank you all for the advice! I really appreciate it! I will go and talk to them when I get back to the US. Unless of course they get me at the airport. Do you think I will have the chance to re-do it, another words go back through everything and fulfill my obligation and duty? I doubt that they will, but at least I can try, especially if that keeps me out of jail!!!

probably the only way you would be able to fulfill your commiment is in jail- and its very unlikely that you will do time for the reserves-- look at bush he got away with not going to gaurd for how long and is now the president :confused: :confused: :( :(

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

chrisdizz22 said:
probably the only way you would be able to fulfill your commiment is in jail- and its very unlikely that you will do time for the reserves-- look at bush he got away with not going to gaurd for how long and is now the president :confused: :confused: :( :(
You should take your agenda to a site more suited for you, as that response was incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">