• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can my childrens dad gain re-entry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shak27

My childrens dad & I had a relationship for 8 yrs. He was in the US on a green card since he was 5 yrs. old. His entire family is here (u.s.). He got involved with drugs & ultimately sold them to support his habit. He was arrested & deported to Dominican Rep., his place of birth, after being here over 25 yrs. His family & I thought it would be a good idea for him to stay there until he was cleaned up. He's been there about 6 yrs. His twins are now 9 yrs. old,& haven't seen him since they were 3. He's clean, and I need him. His children need their father, I am supporting them alone and it is difficult. Their behavior is deteriorating. I want him home. Is there anyway he will be allowed back in the US? What can I do to get the ball rolling?

S

SJLin

Once someone is deported from the U.S. for a drug offense, it becomes an uphill battle to get back in. Unless he can obtain some sort of waiver, his past drug offense is going to prevent him from being readmitted. The fact that he has a family in the U.S. may help him. But he does need to get into contact with an immigration lawyer. He can find one at https://attorneypages.com

[This message has been edited by SJLin (edited December 14, 1999).]

vendictive

Waste Of Time

SJLin said:
Once someone is deported from the U.S. for a drug offense, it becomes an uphill battle to get back in. Unless he can obtain some sort of waiver, his past drug offense is going to prevent him from being readmitted. The fact that he has a family in the U.S. may help him. But he does need to get into contact with an immigration lawyer. He can find one at https://attorneypages.com

[This message has been edited by SJLin (edited December 14, 1999).]
he's gone for ever

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">