• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married for greencard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lea54

My name is Lea I and I hope you can help me. In April 1998 my best friend got married. He loved and still love her. About 3 weeks ago we went for dinner at their house. After dinner our husbands had to go some where.
She told me she hated this country and that she had gone to the Immigration on Tuesday and she did not get her green card as she hoped to do, but they told her it was going to take an extra 8 months She went on and on That she needed it because she wanted to go home She hated this F****** country Etc. Well, at that time I did not think to much about it, but couple of days later she broke down and told here husband that she only married him for the green card and still is in love with someone back home, The next day she left her husband. She called me and ask me to talk to her husband not to stop her paperwork at Immigration that the only thing she wanted from him was her greencard. I told her I could not help her.He went to Immigration and stop her papers. But so far Immigration did nothing
So I was wondering if you have any suggestions or idea what to do ? He has no coputer so he ask me to help find Info or help
So please if you can help us

Thank you

S

SJLin

Even if this woman gets her green card, she's going to be under conditional permanent residence status. The INS can move to terminate her residence status within two years if they have evidence that the marriage was a sham or if the marriage was annulled. In addition, the INS may seek to exclude her from returning to the country if they have evidence that she had intent to leave the U.S. Of course, there are also problems of stiff criminal sanctions such as prison and hefty fines for marriage fraud. A local immigration attorney can better tell you what the INS may do. https://attorneypages.com

vendictive

~~~~~~

hats why uys need to watch what they do with these illegals, i think my ex was using me to she is illegal and i called INS on her ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">