• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expiry of VISA APPLICATION restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eugene136

subject:
Expiry of VISA APPLICATION restrictions...

There is a certain period of RESTRICTIONS pertaining to possibility of a person to apply for any type of US entry visa again - I imply a person (on H1B visa) who had been subject to deportation (for a minor reason) but was granted a voluntary departure by INS court.
- How long this period (of restriction to re-apply for any entry visa) lasts - 1) formally, in accordance to the law; 2) in reality (when it depends on practice generally accepted among embassy officers - when I asked INS officers I couldn't get any more-or-less clear answer only "some time" or "after a while")???

- What document provides the explanation of it ? CFR... ?
- Do some specific interpretations or precedents bearing on this problem exist and where such info can be obtained ?

I will be very grateful for any information, comments or relevant references to WEB-accesible sources, etc.

Thank you.
Eugene.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">