• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving through a yellow light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aash916

What is the name of your state? NJ

I moved to the state of NJ two years ago and in the past two years have had two accidents and two tickets. Before that my driving record was completely clean. My latest account was I got pulled over driving through a yellow light and I am completely sure it was yellow... I know saying it was yellow light in court will not hold too much weight in court.. but the fact is I didn't drive through a red light.. and if I do get this ticket it will make my Insurance about 4800$ a year and i really can't afford it.. I am going to go to court and plead not guilty to make sure I get no points ... but is there anything else I can do??

Thanks for your help!

S

seniorjudge

Call the prosecutor and ask if you can plea bargain this for a no point violation.

If that doesn't work, ask for a jury trial. I can't tell you if you will win, but most prosecutors probably do not have time for a jury trial about running a caution light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">