• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana - Can I be Guilty By Association?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justin980

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently joined a musical group. We usually meet at someone's house. I recently learned that usually after our activities sometimes the members of the group begin smoking marijuana.

I do not smoke marijuana. They swear to me that if anyone gets in trouble it will be the owner of the house and not myself.

Is there any truth to this? If the cops came would I be guilty by association (even though a breathalizer test would be more than welcome)?

Please help me!

S

seniorjudge

Find a new band. If they bust the group, you will go right along with them.

justin980

links

Do you happen to have any links to articles that document where this has happened to other innocent people? It would really be helpful. I'm trying to come up with about 5 links so I can show my friend why I am leaving the band.

S

seniorjudge

"Do you happen to have any links to articles that document where this has happened to other innocent people? It would really be helpful. I'm trying to come up with about 5 links so I can show my friend why I am leaving the band."

This is a joke, right?

You're saying you need five links to leave a bunch of dopers?

Thank you for this funny! :D

rmet4nzkx

justin980 said:
Do you happen to have any links to articles that document where this has happened to other innocent people? It would really be helpful. I'm trying to come up with about 5 links so I can show my friend why I am leaving the band.
There are no innocent people in this case, you can be charges several ways. Also, being there you are also exposed to the smoke also so you cannot be entirely innocent.

You don't need an excuse to leave the band if they are conducting illegal activities.

zwara

:D to answer your question....yes you can and most likely would get arrested along with your band mates and anyone else that is present.....the charge would be "visiting a common nuisance" a class B misdemeanor, better safe then sorry so for your own protection I would suggest refrain from being there......look up the charge and make copies and let your band mates know the truth...as they say marijuana is bad...but most of all illegaL and that results in jail, court costs, and alot of other bad stuff...pappygien

justin980

seniorjudge,

I know it is often hard to communicate via typing, but my initial reaction to your post is "GET OFF MY ASS! There happens to be more involved then I want to write about here! And if I want to excercise my right to look up factual information about something then let me do it! Just for the record... I don't need the links for the dopers, I need it for my friend who is not a doper.

zwara,

Thank you for your factual and informative answer. I will look it up as you suggested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">