• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing a Disqualification for unemployment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theknewguy2000

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I received a letter int he mail saying that i was Disqualified for unemployment due to violating a company rule. First off let me tell you i was fired because a women said that i had asked her out , which can not be farther from the truth and then she made it even worse going as far as to say i ask if she wanted to see me naked. If anyone were to know me they would know that that is NOT me and everyone i work with was shocked and i guess i am not the first person that she has had fired. My question is how can i be fired by something that someone says with out having proof? The Hr dept said they had a signed letter by her saying all that but to me that isnt proof that is writing down a lie and signing it. What would be the best way to write on my appeal for unemployment that i didnt do these things?

Beth3

My question is how can i be fired by something that someone says with out having proof? Because your employer doesn't need proof. If they choose to believe this co-worker's story and fire you, they may.

What would be the best way to write on my appeal for unemployment that i didnt do these things? You don't have to writing anything on the appeal other than that you are appealing the decision and requesting a hearing. Nothing you write on the appeal will be considered at the hearing. Only testimony and evidence presented in person AT the hearing will be considered.

At the hearing, it will come down to who the UC adjudicator believes. FYI - the employer will have to bring this employee who made the complaint about you to the hearing to testify in person. Any statements she wrote are nothing more than hearsay unless she's there to verify them and answer any questions you or the adjudicator has. If the employer fails to bring her to testify, then the odds are greatly in your favor that you will be granted benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">