• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valG

My Wife and I got married In Canada by the
Local consulant from the Towns City hall.
I am an American born citizen My great grand father was also.My Wife was reading in a book that she found in the library that Our marriage is not recognized Here In California
Is this true?Or is my Wife really missing the mark.

E

Eric Bord

A marriage that is legal and valid int he country where it was entered into is recognized under US law.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: This exchange of communication DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Any information provided is offered strictly as a public service and should not be relied upon nor is it intended to serve as comprehensive or specific legal advice. If you have a need to address a specific legal concern, please call our office to arrange a formal consultation, or contact another qualified immigration lawyer.

www.visalawyer.com

Eric S. Bord, Attorney at Law
Law Office of Eric S. Bord
1734 Elton Road
Suite 101
Silver Spring, MD 20903
Tel: 301-439-4390
Fax: 301-439-5699

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">