• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tailgating and International Driver privileges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

besowmya

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi, I was given two tickets this evening- one for 'Following too closely' (Tailgating) and the other for 'Expired New Resident 60 Day touring privilege'. I have an International Driver's license from India and have rented cars occasionally across the country over the last four years. None of the rental car agencies have warned/denied me based on the fact that I don't have a NJ license or that it is beyond the 60-day limit. Was totally caught off-guard. How much fine will I have to pay?

For the tailgating violation, is there a fine along with the 5 points? Anyone with any insight on the matter? Thanks.

S

seniorjudge

"None of the rental car agencies have warned/denied me based on the fact that I don't have a NJ license or that it is beyond the 60-day limit."

Rental car agencies are not required to give legal advice.

Call the prosecutor and ask if you can plea bargain this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">