• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take legal action for what was done to my child at WALMART?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babbagene

What is the name of your state?NJ

Hey guys I hope this post finds everyone in great health.
Heres my problem:
Tuesday night my wife and my 12 year old daughter went to WALMART to do some shopping at about 9:55 (the store closes at 10:00) my wife goes on the checkout line, but realizes she does not have the cell phone with her, so she sends my daughter out to the car (which was parked directly in front of the store), which I think was a very wrong thing to do anyways because of the way the world is these days. When my daughter tries to go back into the store the Walmart Doorman say" I'm sorry you cannot go back in the store , we are closed" My daughter than asks if she can page her mom , and again the Guard says "I told you we are closed"
My daughter tells him that her mom is inside the store and that she needs to get back in (my daughter had no coat on and on top of being scared was also freezing), the guard says I'm sorry we are closed you cannot re-enter the store! and then just turns away, and goes back into the front door.
My daughter calls me at our home from the cell phone and tells me that she is stuck outside and the guard will not let her back in, I tell her to put the man on the phone ,but he will not get on , she asks his name and he will not tell her, I tell my daughter to tell him you are on the phone with your dad and he said PLEASE let me in, The man replies that if I have a problem to call management "But i'm not letting anyone in". as this is going on I hear my wife screaming in the background at the man and the managemnent of the store.
My daughter was scared that should would not see her mom or dad anymore and also was scared that someone would abduct her, not to mention she was freezing.
I went down to the store but the Guard had already left , I spoke with the managers and we filed a police report.
Right now my daughter is still shook up and has a bad headache as I am writing this. I will probably take her to the doctor tomorrow.
From the story and the facts I have told you guys do you think I can take any legal action against the store? The doorman is a WALMART employee.
Please let me know what you think?
Thank you.

Cogar

Your wife needed to use the phone in the check out lane at walmart?
This seems to me such a trival matter, can't believe you're upset about it.
Your daughter should have gotten back in the car and waited for her Mother.
Wish I had your troubles.

GaAtty

GAAtty

I also don't understand why, if the store was closing, your daughter didn't just go back to the car which was in front of the store. She would not have had to wait long for her mom. However, your post is in the wrong place. This is not a civil rights or discrimination issue, if anything, it is personal injury. However, it is not even that because of the minimal damages and I doubt that you have a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">