• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a ticket violate criminal conditional probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Haji19

What is the name of your state? California

I was given conditional probation as a result of a misdemeanor back in March '04 for a non-traffic related crime. Today I got a failure to obey sign traffic ticket for turning right on a red light when there was a sign that said not to. My conditional probation stated I had to obey all laws or I would be in violation and could go to jail.

So my question is how likely will getting this traffic ticket mean I have to go to jail or even worry about a violation of my probation?

S

seniorjudge

"Can a ticket violate criminal conditional probation?"

Yes.

S

seniorjudge

"Follow up: How likely is it that the court will use this traffic ticket to send me to jail?"

Ask the judge when you go to court.

Haji19

Called a lawyer, said that it most likely wouldn't be reported to the Superior Court from Traffic Court unless I failed to appear at my appointed date. So that's a relief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">