• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just want to see my grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brigitte1

What is the name of your state?
I live in Georgia. Mu daughter, grandson(who is 3 months old) and her boyfriend(also father of the child)all live in the same county approx 2 miles from each other. Every time the boyfriend gets mad about something, his retaliation is to not let me see the baby. About two weeks ago, he got mad because my daughter asked her sister to dye her hair (without telling her boyfriend) and they got some dye on the carpet in the bathroom beside another old stain. That same day, my daughter had asked me to take her to town because she needed to turn in an acceptance letter from the technical college to the Dept. of Labor to continue her unemployment benefits. One of her boyfriends' friend saw us uptown and I guess told the boyfriend after lunch. Well, he got mad because my daughter did not tell him she was going up town that day. This guy is very controlling of my daughter. I have not saw my daughter or grandson since that day 2 weeks ago, although she does talk to me on the phone while he is at work. Now he tells her that neither him nor the baby can come to my house for our annual Chrimas Eve party, but my daughter can come if she wants too. I am very upset about this because I have done nothing but help them. My daughters' truck is even financed in my name and the insurance is also in my name on the vehicle. I am tired of walking on eggshells with this guy hoping he doesn't get mad about everything. I just want to see my grandson. What are my rights as far as visitation is concerned? What do I need to do?

rmet4nzkx

You have no rights as to visitation.
He sounds as if he has a problem with anger management and possibly domestic violence, that would be for your daughter to report or seek counseling.

brigitte1

rmet4nzkx said:
You have no rights as to visitation.
He sounds as if he has a problem with anger management and possibly domestic violence, that would be for your daughter to report or seek counseling.
Can I petition the court for visitation?

rmet4nzkx

Yes, you can petition for visitation, but you are working with a powder keg with his control and anger issues. If you believe the child is in danger, call CPS, ask your daughter to call the DV hotline, but often women in these situations feel weak and unable to exit, are you able to care and support both your daughter and child if she needs to separate from the father? Is she bale to support herself and the child without the father?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is unlikely a court would order visitation for you. Your daughter needs to grow up a bit and stand up for herself and her child. She has every right to visit you and bring her son with her should she desire it. Why on earth can't she visit you when he's at work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">